The Office of Professional Conduct provides several services and programs
to members of the Utah State Bar to assist in the understanding of and
compliance with the Utah Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Lawyer Discipline
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - answers to common
questions concerning the process of lawyer discipline
- The Disciplinary
Process - a diagram with descriptions of the various
phases and possible outcomes and appeals processes in matters concerning
- Ethics Hotline
-a phone-based service that connects members with OPC staff
attorneys for assistance with ethical issues in the practice of law.
The phone number is 801-531-9110.
- Ethics School
- an ethics-based CLE seminar that looks at common problems
that are seen by the OPC staff and methods for avoiding them; please
check the CLE calendar for more information.
- Practice Pointers
- Articles written by the OPC staff addressing ethics issues.
Annual Report 2010 - 2011 (PDF)* -
staff composition, attorney misconduct case process and procedure,
statistics for fiscal year 2009-2010, progress on cases, Consumer
Assistance Program, goals for fiscal year 2010-2011.
- OPC Attorney Information - OPC Attorneys often are called upon to speak at CLE events on issues relating to ethics, discipline, practice management, and professionalism. Below are the biographies of the OPC attorneys.
- Billy Walker - Senior Counsel, Utah State Bar Office of Professional Conduct
- Sharadee Fleming - Assistant Counsel, Utah State Bar Office of Professional Conduct
Document Requires Adobe
Utah State Bar Office of Professional Conduct and the Supreme Court